What to look for when shopping for the best and most comfortable bedding sheets!
Shopping for the best and most comfortable bedding sheets is not easy. There are so many different fabric, thread-count and brands, anyone can get confused and make a wrong purchase. I have been that kind of person and have gone through multiple sheet sets, only to end up sending them to recyclables. One thing you need to know is that you don’t need to spend a fortune to get that luxurious, hotel-feel sheets. Here is what you want to look for when buying the best and most comfortable bedding sheets.
- FIBER –the best kind of fiber to buy in sheets is 100-percent cotton. That will give you that soft, slip-into-bed sheets. The cotton fiber wicks moisture away from the skin so you want wake up clammy or with damp sheets. For high quality long cotton fibers, look for the words “Egyptian”, “pima” or “supima”. There are cotton/polyester blends that may be inexpensive but the fabric will feel synthetic. But the upside is that it is more durable and less prone to wrinkling.
- THREAD COUNT— Look for high thread count for strength and softness in sheets. Anywhere from 300 to 500 will keep the sheets longevity and soft crisp feel.
- WEAVE–Bedding sheets have different weaves. The two main options are percale or sateen. Percale is smooth, flat and closely woven and will give you a crisp feel. Sateen is soft and has more a of slippery feel. Jersey or flannel will give you warmth and is best during the winter months.
- FINISH--One thing I like to look for is making sure the fitted bottom has an elastic all the way around the sheet and not just on the corners. This will keep the fitted sheet from coming off. Another thing to consider is if you have a deep mattress look for fitted sheets with deep pockets. Another thing to consider is the dye. Colors are usually applied to sheets after they are woven. So they many feel stiff but also they may bleed the first wash or lose it’s color. I always like to wash the sheets right when I buy them to see how they hold up. If they don’t hold up well, I return them so make sure you also know the return policy on sheets.
A few notes–I like to buy two sheet sets per bed, which makes it so easy when washing the sheets. In general, I also like to change out my bed sheets every two weeks unless there are night sweats or sickness going around. I also like to just replace my sheets when there are alot stains, tears and rips. And with that said, I also like to buy white sheets because I can bleach out any stains!
Make sure to check out my top favorite affordable best and most comfortable bedding sheets below!
The Best Comfortable Bedding Sheets
- Mellanni Bed Sheet Set–most affordable at only $25 a sheet set. Comes in multiple colors and sizes.
- Wamsutta 500-Thread Count–a little more on the expensive size of $60 per sheet set.
- 400-Count Printed Sheet Set--comes with pretty prints and with a smooth and silky sateen. Affordable price.
- HC Collection Bedding Set--high quality fabrics with deep pockets. Comes in multiple colors. Affordable price.
- Hudson Park Collection–500 count, sateen and pima cotton. Pretty colors . Probably the most expensive out of my picks.
The sheets sound amazing, and honestly your whole bedroom is gorgeous! Love your decor.
This bedding sounds amazing and looks so good! I love the edging on the sheets.
Laura Adney says
This exudes such comfiness, I just want to dive right in girl!
Laura || Walking in Memphis in High Heels says
That looks so comfy, I just want to dive right in. I need new bedding, may need to do some shopping.
Ruthie Ridley says
Wow- the comfort of this room is calling my name!
I just love crisp white bedding! I found the softest sheets which were called ‘liquid cotton’ and were a dream, until they started to fall apart after about six months. Now I have some sheets from target and while not as soft, are holding up much better to my weekly washings! Of course I also love to splurge on silk pillow cases. Someday I want silk sheets!
Interesting about the liquid cotton. I know Sateen doesn’t hold up as much. And yes, silk is quite luxurious!
Your room looks amazing – I’m obsessed.
Azanique Rawl says
I totally need to get new sheets! Well, altogether I need new bedding and this was the perfect inspiration.
-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com
Your bedding looks so plush and comfortable!! Thank you for including all this information on thread count, weave, and fiber — now I know what to look for when I’m sheet shopping again!
This bedroom looks so inviting. I love all the decor and details.
Sarah Lennon says
I am all about comfy sheets! I am always willing to spend a pretty penny on them too, because you can’t beat the feeling!