Practice Self-Care this Year with these 7 Health and Wellness Tips and Products
Last year was a year of injury after injury. I just could not get on top of my game. I experienced frustration, sadness and pain! Through this experience I gained appreciation for when my body was not in pain and I could actually walk and run! I also learned a lot of what changes I needed to make in my diet and lifestyle. So, 2020 is my year to focus on health and wellness and be more in tuned with my body. Here are a 7 health and wellness tips and suggested products.
- Sweat Every Day–aim to sweat every day, and get your heart rate up. If you can’t get in the gym, then take a walk around the block. Take the stairs, instead of the elevator. When I was injured, there was a few days I didn’t go to the gym and it just left my body and mind in a fog. There is something about getting your heart elevated and the blood flowing through the body.
- Take Daily Supplements–one thing I realized this past year was that my body was lacking certain vitamins, and my hormones were out of balance. I am now taking daily supplements and a herbal hormone balance supplement. If you haven’t already done so, I strongly urge you to see your doctor and have your blood taken to see your vitamin levels and what nutrients your body may be lacking. This is a major game changer and can help with mood swings, weight loss/gain and, sleeping problems and energy levels.
- Take a Daily Probiotic–this is one thing I just incorporated this year, and I am so glad I did. There are so many great benefits to probiotics like immune support, digestion, skin and mental health.
- Invest in Beauty and Skincare Products–as I am getting older and my body is aging I have realized that buying quality beauty and skincare products truly helps with the overall appearance of my face, body and hair. And it makes me feel good about myself, which is also an important factor. Also, I’m trying to choose non-toxic beauty and skincare products!
- Eat Your Veggies at EVERY Meal–I am pretty good at eating veggies, but I can always do better. I am trying to aim at eating some sort of vegetable at every meal, especially dark leafy greens that are packed with vitamins and minerals. For my vegetables, I also try to choice organic!
- Start a Gratitude Journal–I do this at the beginning of every year and really try and maintain it throughout the year, but starting a gratitude journal really puts life into perspective. What I do is put a journal right near my bed, and before I go to bed I write down what I was grateful for during that day. Nothing negative, just the positive gratitude. Over time, you realize how much you are blessed and how much you grow through daily experiences.
- Meditate Every Day–whether its praying or doing yoga, it’s mentally healthy to unplug and turn off everything around you. That includes your phone! There are also some great mediation apps to follow!