My Number One Tip To Staying Healthy During Flu Season? Lots of Vitamin C
Flu Cold season has arrived. It seems like everyone is getting sick with fevers, chills, nasty coughs and running noses. I am eager to stay healthy and keep the germs away, which is hard having children that go to three different schools. I feel like we have so many germs that come through our house. Well, my number one tip to staying healthy during flu season is taking a large dose of vitamin C.
I have many different past posts about staying healthy during the cold and flu season. Make sure you check out these 6 tips to a healthy season. I also shared my favorite herbs I used to stay healthy during the flu and cold season. So many natural ways to fight these winter germs, but my all time favorite flu cold defense is Vitamin C. Scroll down to see how I take my Vitamin C. Here’s a hint…it’s not through drink orange juice!
Here are my 6 tips to taking Vitamin C.
- Drink lots of freshly squeezed lemon water. Lemons have a high dose of vitamin C and are essential for the immune system and have cold-fighting abilities.
- Eat a real orange! No, not the one you find in a carton. A real orange found in the fruit aisle.
- Drink lots of camu. What is camu? Well, it is a super fruit berry found in South America, and has the highest level of Vitamin C than any other fruit. Camu comes in a powder form, and I just add it to my morning cup of water and then drink!
- Take a garlic shot. Feeling like you are getting sick? I always tell my kids to take a garlic shot. It’s amazing how just one shot makes you feel so much better.
- Add lemon essential oil to your water. Lemon essential oil stimulates the immune system and is a great way to fight off germs.
- Drink Lemon tea. I love to make hot lemon tea. It makes you feel so much better. I like to make mine with lemon, raw honey, and fresh ginger.
Oh the shots. I cannot handle them. People swear by the ginger or apple cider vinegar shots. I am amazed at people who take them regularly.
I hear ya! It definitely takes some getting used too. But it’s worth it for all the health benefits.
Sarah Lindner says
Always trying to avoid getting sick at all costs so I’m here for all the tips! These are helpful, thanks! xoxo, Sarah
such great tips! I love lemon tea as well (and i also add honey and ginger!) it just feels so soothing!
I’ve never heard of camu, but for sure will try it out. I’ve been drinking lots of hot lemon tea. Crossing my fingers it will get me through the flu season!
Stephanie Whitman says
These are fantastic tips! I try to get as much Vitamin C as possible and put lemon in my water every single day, but I’ve never heard of camu prior to reading this post, and I’m fascinated now! Thanks for sharing!
I always try my best to not get sick! I’m going to be adding lemons to everything I eat and drink!
cute & little
These are all such great tips! I always try to eat extra healthy during cold/flu season too to keep my body healthy and build up my immune system even more!
These are the best tips! My husband is a children’s therapist so he’s always bringing home colds and germs!
Thanks for the tips! I always do try hard to stay healthy this time of the year!
Chic on the Cheap
Vitamin C is so important– these tips are great! I love drinking my daily lemon water and I’m totally going to check out camu (I’ve never heard of it!).
Anna English says
I definitely increase my Vitamin C during the fall/ winter months!
It makes such a difference!