MUST-HAVES FOR THE BEST HOME EXERCISE EQUIPMENT
Move over toys! Mama’s taking over the playroom! Yup. Mama’s exercise equipment now has a special place in the land of toys. I’ve been telling my kids…those are mama’s toys, so don’t touch. Thankfully my kids are older so they know mom’s gotta get her workout in every morning, and they have been very accommodating with sharing the space. Okay, so if you knew my everyday life–I need a daily workout in! It just keeps me sane and happy mom and of course healthy. With the closure of gyms and the “stay at home” mandates, I know that I am not the only one that has become really creative with their home exercise workouts. We live in an age of technology, so it’s awesome that we can jump online and take an amazing cardio, yoga or weights workout in the comfort of our home. The options are endless online. There are amazing workouts on Youtube, Instagram and streaming through different website. I just signed up with the Beachbody On Demand to access their 1,000+ exercise videos. It has been a life saver! I also follow some amazing fitness gurus on Instagram and Youtube that I love. So, you can definitely get an amazing workout in without even owning home exercise equipment. But you will get a more challenging and deeper workout if you did invest in a just a few home exercise equipment. Most of these equipments are $20 or less and are available online or at your local Target or Walmart.
Best of the Best–Home Exercise Equipment:
- Fabric Fitness Bands–these will kick your booty and give you the best workout. I like how they are made out of fabric so they don’t stretch and break like rubber.
- Yoga Mat–an essential home exercise equipment to own. I like to think of it as an all-purpose mat used for floor exercises and to help keep balance and resistance to prevent injuries.
- Foam Roller–I just bought myself a foam roller to help stretch out sore muscles. It has helped out with my recovery from my torn hamstring. I also have seen videos on foam roller exercises for the booty.
- Weights–you don’t need a whole set. I have just a few weights at home, and it gets the job done. I would suggest to definitely get at least a 10 lbs, along with a smaller weight and a heavier weight like 15 lbs or 20 lbs.
- Airpods–I love my AirPods! They keep me motivated and moving with music and my favorite podcasts. Definitely invest in some good earphones that have bluetooth capabilities.
- Jump Rope–Back to childhood days, the best exercise is jump roping! Challenge yourself to 5, 10 mins or 50, 100 reps. You will get the best workout.
- Exercise Ball–Another favorite home exercise equipment, there are so many great exercises that you can do on that ball from leg to abdominals to chest exercises.
- Apple Watch–track your daily activity and stay motivated and help hit your goals. So important when we aren’t getting out as much!
- Resistance Bands–I like to switch up my weights with resistant bands to work different muscles. You can get a completely different workout but one that will still push you.
- Foam Floor Puzzle–if your workout space is carpet or concrete, I would highly suggest picking up some foam floor puzzles. It will help protect you from injuries or shock protection to your knees.
- Medicine Ball–I really like medicine balls or even slam balls. You can do some really fun exercises with them and again works the muscle differently than the traditional weights.