Best Apple Pie Recipe with a Sweet Cinnamon Taste
Tis the season for harvest pies that are enjoyed all through the fall months into winter. If you are planning to make a pie this Thanksgiving, an apple pie is always a wonderful addition and a complement to the pumpkin or pecan pie. Truth in our home, we love to have all three pies for our Thanksgiving feast! So one thing that I always do after apple picking month, is I like to make multiple apple pies and freeze them. I have our best apple pie all ready to go when Thanksgiving come and it makes it so easy to just pop it in the oven. We love this apple pie recipe and have been making it for many years!
Make sure to see our apple picking posts:
Also try these other apple recipes:
Scroll to the bottom for the Best Apple Pie Recipe!
Let me be honest with you–most of the time I buy pre-made pie crusts for my pies. It’s faster and sometimes more convenient and the pie crusts taste great. But if I have the time, I also will make my own pie crusts. I have a couple favorite pie crust recipes I like, but still haven’t quite perfected the pie crust!
Shop the Post:
Best Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 pie crust
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Line pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate
- Toss together apple and lemon juice in a large bowl. Combine brown sugar and next 4 ingredients; sprinkle over apple mixture, and toss to coat.
- Spoon into prepared pie crust. Place remaining pie crust over filling. Fold edges under, and crimp; cut slits in top for steam to escape.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 35 minutes.